The Commercial Relationship Manager’s (“RM”) main responsibility is business development in line with Leumi credit quality standards, both in respect to existing relationships as well as new relationships. RMs are the primary owners and key contact persons for each relationship in their portfolio, and they act as a “quarterback” to coordinate all customer interactions with the Bank.
Business development and the acquisition of new clients and/or accounts
Develop sales plans, build referral sources and centers of influence and manage their individual pipeline of business development
Management and growth of existing customers/accounts through increasing use of lending products and cross-sales of non-lending products and services of existing customers.
Develop account plans for each account in conjunction with product specialists or Private Banking, if appropriate
Overall structure of each deal based on customers’ lending needs
The RM is credit trained and is responsible for negotiating terms (collateral, covenants, pricing and other components) of lending agreements with customers at the initiation of the process
Responsible for the business terms of all deals, and communicating these terms to the customer once terms are approved.
Bears overall responsibility for the loan closing process, ensuring legal documents reflect all terms as agreed to by customer and approved by the bank, in addition to making sure required documents and signatures are in place for loan closing
Acts as a quarterback with respect to customer contact, determining the level of customer contact for each of the team members assigned to the customer. The RM directs the interactions of a Credit Officer (“CO”), a Relationship Associate (“RA”) and various service & delivery team members
Accountable for the profitability of each account, growing the revenue streams.
Shares responsibility for KYC of his/her customers
Responsible for customer retention and satisfaction –customer is treated appropriately and resolves any issues customer may have directly or by assigning the solution to a team member
Relationship Managers will be supported for routine customer account servicing needs by either Relationship Associates or service & delivery branch personnel
Works collaboratively with the credit team to identify and resolve credit issues and covenant non-compliance
7+ years Commercial RM banking experience with emphasis on Middle Market (dealing with company revenue sizes between $5 to $200MM and credit facilities up to $50 MM)
Formal credit training with strong lending background
Must possess strong, sizable client relationships and impressive Centers of Influence (COIs- attorneys, CPAs, etc.)
Strong business development, relationship building, interpersonal and analytical skills
Operationanl Risk Analyst - New York, New York
As an Operational Risk Analyst, you will participate in operational risk management activities such as: risk assessments, risk reporting & analysis and error investigation and resolution. You will Partake in operational risk mitigation in new product, business and technology reviews as well as play a major role in developing and maintaining of the operational risk framework while ensuring proper execution of the Operational Risk program.
- Investigate, resolve and document operating errors. Work with business and operations to improve process and performance, and update procedure. Process operating events (loss as well as near miss) and lessons learned.
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity in recording events at the future Operational Risk databases system
- Facilitate, train, and work closely with Risk Champions regarding Operational Risk policies and procedures, assessment of risk and control mitigation, and usage of the Operational Risk database
- Maintain and keep current Vendor Management and Operational Risk Policies, procedures and programs. Assist and train Vendor Relationship Managers (VRM)
- Partner with business and operations on key projects where Operational Risk is a major stakeholder. These projects may include changes to any major banking application, including the strategic Core Banking Initiative, or assessments required by new products or services recommended by the New Product Committee.
- Design and implement a Key Risk Indicators program along with related Board and risk committee management reports.
- Assist in the development and of automated operational risk management reports (e.g. Action Plans, KRI’s, Lessons Learned tracking, etc.).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Candidates are required to have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience within Financial Services industry.
- Must have knowledge of the key business and operation functions of a bank and familiarity with key risks and controls in these operations. A knowledge of operational risk management, operational process mapping, risk control self assessment process (RCSA), and writing policies and procedures is a plus.
- Must be a strong team player; as teamwork not only helps generating better productivity and goal accomplishment in risk management, but it is also the founding culture of the Operational Risk Management department.
- Competency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project); knowledge of any operational risk mapping applications a plus.
- FRM (GARP) not initially required, but expected to work towards achieving.
- Broker licenses 7/66 is a plus
Business Unit Compliance Officer - Los Angeles, California
The Business Unit Compliance Officer (BUCO) assists the assigned business line by providing regulatory compliance expertise and guidance in support of strategic initiatives and management of compliance risk. The BUCO works proactively with business line representatives and other compliance professionals to help ensure future business growth is attained in a responsible and conscientious fashion while the operation remains regulatory compliant and commercially sound. General areas of responsibilities include advisory on regulatory matters, monitoring of business activities from a compliance perspective, training/education, and drafting / revising policies & procedures accordingly.
- Help to ensure an appropriate culture of compliance continues to develop in the daily activities of the business line and support units
- Develop and maintain appropriate compliance policies, programs and controls for area(s) of responsibility
- Review and approve KYC for new and existing clients
- Review and advise on new and or revised business strategies, initiatives and projects which may include assisting businesses in assessing the risks associated with new/revised strategies and recommending and or assessing mitigation efforts to reduce risk exposure
- Assist the Compliance Department in the planning and delivery of compliance business unit training and provide ad hoc training as needed
- Advise business units on the development of action plans to implement new or changed regulatory requirements. Action plans may include the development of or changes to existing training materials, policies, procedures, system and other controls, monitoring/testing processes, and reporting
- Assist in the annual compliance risk assessment process
- Oversee specific KRIs within area of responsibility
- Provide business unit and Compliance management with adequate reporting and MIS regarding compliance-related activities and initiatives relevant to the business and its operations
- Review business unit incidents and exceptions to assess compliance and/or reputational impact
- Escalate any significant compliance issues and trends to business unit and Compliance management, as necessary undefined
- 7+ years proven audit, compliance, financial services operations and/or regulatory experience, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of banking regulations
- Strong background in compliance within a financial services environment with ability to understand, interpret and apply complex regulatory requirements to business practices
- Proficiency with personal computers and software packages including Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Bachelor’s Degree
Loan Review Officer - New York, New York
The position requires the analysis of borrowers in the bank’s loan portfolio whereby risks are identified and addressed according to their severity. Risk ratings are assigned to each borrower along with an overall rating of the credit quality and portfolio monitoring by each region reviewed. Examination reports are prepared for each region reviewed for distribution to Senior Management, the Board of Directors, and outside auditors.
In this role you will be required to:
- Analyze financial information contained in the respective credit files for each individual borrower in order to identify risks and determine an appropriate risk rating.
- Ensure adherence by each borrower to the Bank’s credit policies and procedures.
- Maintain an ongoing dialog with each region during the review process.
- Conduct exit meetings with each region upon the conclusion of the respective review process.
- Compile financial data in an accurate and comprehensive manner for each region which summarizes the findings of the aforementioned analyses.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 6 years minimum work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Compliance MIS Analyst - New York, New York
The Compliance MIS Analyst will report to the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer. The Analyst will perform their duties independently and as part of the Compliance Administration Unit in support of the overall Compliance function. Primary responsibilities for this role will be generating weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting regarding compliance results and key performance indicators internally to management within the Compliance Department, as well as externally to Risk Management, Controllers, Internal Audit and regulators. The individual in this role will also help develop and implement strategic solutions in support of best-in-class regulatory compliance reporting and analysis.
In this role you will be required to:
- Generate department-wide compliance reporting and performance metrics.
- Deliver ongoing and ad hoc reporting around the compliance department plan and key performance indicators.
- Analyze performance indicators for specific compliance teams/functions and communicate results across the department through verbal and written communication.
- Plan and execute ad hoc projects in support of the Compliance function.
- Collaborate with Business Unit Compliance Officers and others to ensure reporting deadlines are met and that changes are timely and accurately communicated and implemented.
- Work with Business Unit Compliance Officers and Business Partners to educate and inform them about the Compliance Risk Management information prepared and reported to Senior Management and the Board.
- Actively participate in automation efforts to enhance the reporting process.
- Partner with Corporate SMEs and Business Unit Compliance Officers to ensure data reflected in the Bank's reports are accurate.
- Assist in the coordination and management of compliance regulatory examination materials and other deliverables.
- Establish and maintain relationships across functions with similar analytical/reporting resources to look for synergies and ensure consistency.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or a related discipline.
- 5+ years experience within internal audit, external accounting, management consulting, bank compliance or related experience.
- Works well in a constantly evolving environment.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective in a dynamic fast-paced environment, and willing to take personal responsibility and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large sets of data and effectively translate results verbally and visually through tables, charts, graphs and other techniques.
- Works well under deadlines and in tight timeframes.
- Effectively manages work for multiple “clients” , e.g. prioritizing their requests, synthesizing their input.
- Excellent attention to detail as well as the ability to grasp and articulate the big picture.