Welcome to another edition of Leumi’s Weekly Reading List.
Another volatile week with headlines dominated by coronavirus and the impact on the economy, the stock and bond markets, US oil futures, and unemployment claims. And as expected, the Fed provided more economic support with President Trump signing a $484 billion bill granting relief to small businesses and hospitals. We will see what next week brings, but most importantly I hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and out of
As always, I found the articles below to be interesting, helpful, or entertaining.
- The First Modern Pandemic – Bill Gates shares his view of the coronavirus situation and what innovations are needed to limit the damage.
- What We Can Learn From the 17 Stock Market Crashes Since 1870 – From Yahoo! Finance, an article that explores the resiliency of the stock market dating back to 1870.
- China’s Coronavirus Diplomacy Has Finally Pushed Europe Too Far -Bloomberg discusses the potential impact on Europe’s relationship with China following Beijing’s handling of the coronavirus.
- Fixing Unwanted RMDs Taken Before the CARES Act Waiver of 2020 RMDs– From Kitces.com, ananalysis covering the criteria for which an individual can fix an unwanted Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).
- 20 Undersung Crime Shows to Binge-Watch– The Atlantic provides a list of crime shows available to stream right now. The Night Of (HBO) and Peaky Blinders(Netflix) are two that I’ve seen and highly recommend.
I hope you enjoy!